Thursday, March 21, 2013

Let Them Eat CAKE!!


My daughter had a winter carnvial at school. I decided to donate a homemade cake for the cake walk. I remember the cake walk at my elementary school carnival and it was always fun. I stole the idea off of pinterest for a rainbow layered cake. I used two boxes of cake white cake mix and two containers of icing. I divided up the cake mix into eight bowls and dyes each layer. I was going to do the ROY G BIV but ended up with an extra layer. So I did red, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.


I should have listened to the advice on the recipe and placed the cake in the freezer before icing but was running late. Then this happened...

I ended up using rainbow sprinkles on the top and M&M's on the sides. I even through in the cute melamine plate I found at Marc's. Here is the end result.


No comments:

Post a Comment