Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm a Couponer!!!

I haven't mentioned it but about a year ago my husband and I started couponing. Feeding a family of five can be hard with any budget but were trying to stretch our dollar. We now get two Sunday papers, two coupon organizers, and print coupons online. I found a great local couponer site that keeps track of all the local sales. Here is a the link -

Sisters Shopping on a Shoestring

I have since taken over the couponing and am very excited about the deals I get. Like today I bought two dozen eggs at $1.00 a dozen, a loaf of white bread for $1.00, three bags of frozen Bird's Eye steam in bag vegetables for $1.00 a bag - a $1.00/3 coupon ( total = $2.00), and the best deal ( and the reason I made the trip) four boxes of Cookie Crisp cereal were 4 boxes for $10.00 (then I had three coupons for $.85 off each box which doubles = $5.10) bringing the total to $4.90 for four boxes of cereal. To make the cereal offer better, I got $.20 off each gallon on my next gas purchase. I then used a coupon for $3.00 my next purchase from Giant Eagle. That brought my total to about $6.85.

No comments:

Post a Comment