Monday, March 12, 2012

Saturday's Auction

I spent last week and Saturday inputing tax info for my husband on Saturday but got to go to a great auction later that night. No kids, a good steak dinner out, and five hours at an auction. It was fun, stressful, and just what I needed. I have been craving a good auction but haven't been to one in a while - or at least one that I could afford. I bought the leftovers from the vintage clothing rack, a box of lace, some vintage books, etc. But here is a few items I took pictures of to show my Mom but I thought I would share with you, too.
I got some box lots of Christmas including this great cotton spun snowman -


I also got this unique corn husk painted folk art stork -


Lastly, in a box lot of vintage shaving brushes and vintage large sunglasses was this unique brass antique mold. Unfortunelty, I have no idea what it made or what it was used for. The bottom is marked ?alente & Micheletti N.Y.. If anyone know what this strange mold is used for or what the mark reads, let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment